TEST APPLICATION GUIDELINE FOR OVERSEAS CUSTOMERS
In case of dispatching the serum samples by local hospitals in overseas countries
- 1. Required documents
Application form (available for download at the KBNP, INC. website)
To send the serum sample from an overseas country, fill out the Application form indicating rabies vaccination history (to be completed by a local veterinarian) and micro-hip number, etc.
Government-issued certificate of quarantine on the specimen (serum)
: indicating the owner, testing institute, animal species, micro-chip number, etc.
The certificate of quarantine is required both for courier service (DHL, FedEx, and EMS) and delivery in person.
- 2. Serum condition
- The blood cannot be shipped or inspected.
(Please send the serum sample separated from blood.)
- Please separate 1ml of the serum for dispatching.
- The serum cannot contain any additives.
- Please seal the serum separator tube (i.e. e-tube, tube, etc.) with parafilm.
- 3. Shipping the samples
- Please dispatch the sample through FedEx or DHL.
- The exclusive kit for IATA PI650 must be used for shipping.
(General shipping may be subject to legal complications.)
- The guardian shall directly purchase the shipping kit.
- 4. Mandatory requirements for entry procedure (immigration)
- When the required documents and serum arrive at the airport quarantine, the customs clearance procedure shall be passed along with the quarantine application forms (to be directly submitted by the guardian) for entry in Korea.
- After the sample serum passed the customs clearance, the sample will be delivered to the testing institute.
- 5. Precautions
- IMPORTANT: If the sample was prepared outside Korea, it should be imported as a biological specimen and is subject to the regulations of the Korean government. Although we are the authorized laboratory for the test by OIE. We do NOT provide the service for the customs procedure. So you have to prepare the custom procedure by yourself. We are NOT responsible for the customs procedure.
- Please do NOT send your samples to KBNP, INC. directly.
- After the custom procedure, send your samples to us.
- The test is only available business days.
- If your samples arrive at weekend or public holiday, the test will be postponed to next week.
- Re-issue for Certificate : Due to incorrect information on the application form, the reissue fee may be charged. Please fill in the information accurately.
For entry in Korea with companion animal(s) from an overseas country
- 1. Blood is drawn at the quarantine in the Incheon international
- 2. The KBNP technology institute will receive the
sample for testing.
※ Contact : 070-7433-1289: rabies test manager at KBNP, INC.
- : KBNP, INC. conducts testing every Tuesday. The testing usually takes 3~4 days.